How to sew a nursing bra (watch video)
How to sew a nursing bra (watch video) Master class for independent sewing a nursing bra (at the bottom of the page).
Nursing bra Melisa has a roundish cup with flexible metal underwired.
It is recommended for sewing from elastic natural fabric.
Ready-made patterns of the nursing bra Melisa are designed for sizes AA, A, В, C, D.
You will need for sewing such a bra:
- Fabric – 0.3 m * 1.4 m;
- Lining fabric – 0.15 m * 1.4 m
- Bra straps – 1 m;
- Edging elastic tape, which is folded in half, width of 1.2 – 1.4 cm – 1.5 m;
- Edging elastic tape with picot edging , width of 0.7 – 1 cm – 1.7 m;
- 1 Set of 4 sliders and 2 clasps for straps or of 2 rings, 2 sliders and 2 clasps for straps;
- 1 Set Hook and Eye Bra Closure
- Channeling – 0.7 m
- Underwires – 1 pair (2 pieces)
- And, of course, pattern.
I recommend to first make a prototype of bra from cheap fabric, try on a bra and if you need to adjust, for example, the length of the band of bra, the width of the side pieces under the clasp, and then proceed to the sewing from the main fabric.
Watch Master class for independent sewing a nursing bra: